National Data
  • Hi,

We are in the midst of creating a Career Card Challenge App and physical card game, based on LMI information. I manually grabbed the info from the API about two months ago, however recently the figures have changed substantially. I am not sure if this is because it is now localised information or not.

I would like to be able to use national data for these cards if possible please?

Can anyone help?

Dave.pollard@falmouth.ac.uk 07721 894575
  • Hi Dave,

which dataset are you talking about in particular? In general, the locality of the data does not change if you don't play around with the 'region' parameter that some queries have. Without an explicit region, the data is always at the national level.

We do periodic updates to our data and algorithms, most recently to ASHE. It's possible that if you are using ASHE (pay data) you ran into one of these updates. Please note that ASHE does not deliver actual pay/salary data, but statistical predictions as to what we would expect pay to be like for the parameters you give us. In certain edge cases, slight changes to the statistical algorithm can have a large effect, in particular with jobs where the spread between low pay and high pay for different people employed in the same job is very skewed. In general you can expect the updated figures to be more accurate than the old ones.

I hope this helps; feel free to contact me at philipp@pontydysgu.org if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
    Phil

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID